Marketing Oportunidad

From 2020 to 2060 the demographics in the United States will take a shift and it’s time to start paying attention and engage with this prominent group. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the number of Hispanic Americans will only increase and currently make up the largest ethnic or racial minority, at 18.1% in 2018. 

If your organization isn’t considering this population, you’re missing out on potentially 50+ million members and clients. 

Here are some interesting bullet points to break it down:

  • Approximately 50% of the Hispanic market is under 29 years of age. They are young crowd, so it’s still an ever-growing market and marketing must be done in a way that connects with this age group. 

  • Current stats show that 45% of ad spends were on TV, which still leaves an opening of 55% to capture the digital space and make your mark in your region or market. 

  • 44% of Hispanics say they only consume ads in English. That’s less than half! Let’s look at this as an opportunity to translate marketing materials into Spanish and capture that additional 56%!

  • Hispanic users spend an average of 10.5 hours (2.4 hours MORE) on their smartphones compared to the overall average of 8.4 hours, making them digital savvy consumers. They spend time on multiple platforms ranging from streaming movies and tv shows, to often making their purchases directly from their smartphones.

  • According to a recent study from Viant, 50% of Hispanic millennials talked about a brand online or used a brand’s hashtag in their social media posts. That is a staggering difference compared to only 17% of non-Hispanics. Hello, opportunity! Digital marketing is the space to make an impact for this rising group.

If you’re unsure of where to start, simply translating your messages and tailoring your images would be a great first step forward into your new market!

Make the move to speak directly to a new community and demographic.

Make the move to speak directly to a new community and demographic.